A Place To Learn By Sharing

Helpful information about Adhesion Related Disorder and other conditions that cause Chronic Pelvic Pain. Sharing our experiences...Knowing we are never alone!

The Weeks Following

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 2 comments

My doctor told me I would need to return in a few days for a second injection, and possibly a third. After the second injection, things went terribly wrong. I began to feel pains that no words can even begin to describe. I was literally paralyzed. My gosh…the agony! Thankfully I was able to minimize the pain with medicine, enough for my husband to drive me to the hospital.

We were taken back into the emergency room almost immediately. I was given pain medicine which helped a bit, but the tests they ran voided the relief. The major concern on everybody’s mind was my tube rupturing, but the tests indicated that it had not. The pain was still unbearable. I was admitted to the hospital for observation and later released after a nurse administered a third injection. However, the pain continued and we made two more trips to the hospital. I was admitted both times, but no rupture (so they said).

The excruciating pain lingered. I was unable to straighten my body for about two weeks. My body stayed in a hunched position when I stood and while lying down. I lived on the couch with pillows propping up my knees. My husband slept on out air mattress next to me so he could give me my medicine and help me to the bathroom.

Over time, the intense, debilitating pain started to diminish; however, I continued to have pain and bleeding. I talked to my doctor about this and he told me that it could last for up to six month. He seemed positive that everything was fine.

2 comments: to “ The Weeks Following so far...

  • Lisa July 10, 2008 at 12:08 AM
     

    Journey77 -
    Thanks for contacting me and sharing your blog with me. Your story so far is so devastating and my heart hurts for what you have been through.
    Isn't it crazy how everything can seem so normal one moment and then it all comes crashing down in the next?
    I will keep reading your blog and hopefully we can have more contact soon - e-mail me anytime at forlisasblog@gmail.com

  • Journey77 July 11, 2008 at 8:49 PM
     

    Thanks for stopping by! It's so nice to have people to connect with. I will get the entire story up soon and then get to work on more relevent stuff. Thanks again!